Ragging is totally banned in the college premises and anyone found guilty of ragging and abetting ragging is liable to be punished as it is a criminal offence.
R. B. College of Pharmacy is constituting the Anti-ragging Cell with the following Committee Members:
|01||Mr. Mohd. Ashif Khan||Pharmacy||Chairperson|
|02||Mr. Vikash Jha||Pharmacy||Member|
Activities Amounting to Ragging
According to UGC regulation on Curbing the Ragging in Higher Education Institution, the committee has been constituted to prohibit, prevent and eliminate the scourge of ragging in the College including
- Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher.
- Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
- Indulging in rowdy or in disciplined activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student.
- Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
- Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students.
- Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person.
Administrative Action in the Event of Ragging
The institution shall punish a student found guilty of ragging after following the procedure and in the manner prescribed herein under:
- The Anti-Ragging Committee of the institution shall take an appropriate decision, in regard to punishment or otherwise, depending on the facts of each incident of ragging and nature and gravity of the incident of ragging established in the recommendations of the Anti-Ragging Cell.
- The Anti-Ragging Committee may, depending on the nature and gravity of the guilt established by the Anti-Ragging Cell, award, to those found guilty, one or more of the following punishments, namely.
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/ examination or other evaluation process.
- Withholding results.
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension/ expulsion from the hostel.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Rustication from the institution for period ranging from one to four semesters.
- The persons committing or abetting the act of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment.
Mob. No. 9870970188